Out on the sidewalk, coating the new planters in linseed oil, and nary a gullible youth to be found to Tom-Sawyer into doing it for me…
We took a trip to Metropolitan Plant & Flower Exchange in Fort Lee and picked up a bunch of bedding flowers to be added to the garden planters and the treebeds here and around the neighborhood, including the following:
- Petunia — Starlet White; Tritunia White; Tritunia Plum; Tritunia Veined Mix
- Marigold — Taishan Mix
- Dwarf Snapdragon — White; Yellow; Pink Rose
- Dianthus (“Sweet William”) — White; Pink Mix
- Celosia (“Cockscomb”) — Glorious Mix
- Verbena (“Vervain”) — Obsession Blue with Eye; Obsession Pastel Mix
- Lobelia — Hot Brilliant Blue
- Lantana — Bandana Rose
- Calibrachoa — Conga Red
- Bracteantha (“Strawflower”) — Mohave Basket Yellow
- Coreopsis (“Tickseed”) — Beauty Sunrise
Squills, daffodils, crocuses, hyacinths, tulips — nearly all of the flowering bulbs have emerged to put on a show.
I snapped this photo of this pairing of crocus flowers for my wife, as her colors are purple and white.
As grapevines swell with new growth, old bark splits and peels to reveal new bark underneath.
Our daffodils are still going strong.